Posted to user@struts.apache.org by David Erickson <de...@cmcflex.com> on 2003/12/19 20:42:35 UTC

[OT] Debugging w/Eclipse Tomcat Sysdeo Plugin? Help!

So we are migrating our app from debugging with System.out.. (dont laugh..
even though I do).. to debugging it with Sysdeo's Eclipse plugin.  However
we have run into a showstopping snag unless we can get it resolved. Eclipse
is set to compile everything from /web/WEB-INF/src into /web/WEB-INF/classes
as it should so tomcat can run correctly and see the files.  However we have
configuration and other files also in /web/WEB-INF/classes.. and when
eclipse rebuilds the project it 'cleans' that directory by deleting
everything then compiling the source back into there.  Can this be stopped?
Or what is everyone else doing regarding this?  I'm sure I can't be the only
one with this problem.

Thanks,
David

Re: [OT] Debugging w/Eclipse Tomcat Sysdeo Plugin? Help!

Posted by Sgarlata Matt <sg...@bah.com>.
I think another possibility would be to
1) Delete the classes directory
2) Add your project to CVS

Now you don't have the classes directory in CVS, but of course if someone
pulls the code from CVS they can build the classes directory for themselves
using Eclipse, Ant, or whatever.

Matt