Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Jeremy Booth <je...@computerbooth.com> on 2012/07/13 13:29:07 UTC

The real locale from a bundle using jcr i18n

Hi

We have a couple of language packs in our jcr, they appear to be
working correctly. The issue I'm currently trying to solve is that the
html declaration is not reporting the correct language when there was
no pack for the language and it has fallen back to the default. The
bundle and localisation context are both reporting the requested
language, rather than the language that has been defaulted too.

My understanding of the javadoc for ResourceBundle is that getLocale
should return the locale of the real data that came back, so in cases
of fallback this should be the locale that was really used, but it
appears that the jcr resource bundle we are getting is reporting the
locale that was requested.

Have I misinterpreted the correct behaviour, or is there a bug here
that needs reporting?

Thanks

Jeremy

--