Posted to dev@deltacloud.apache.org by shen qian <sq...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/12 09:05:23 UTC

Is CloudStack suppored by DeltaCloud?

Hi,

I found no CloudStack driver supported in DeltaCloud. As I know, Deltacloud
is a hybrid Cloud API system that covers most IaaS platforms. So I wonder
it doesn't support CloudStack.  Is there any supporting action in the
future plan?

Regards,
-shenqian

Re: Is CloudStack suppored by DeltaCloud?

Posted by "marios@redhat.com" <ma...@redhat.com>.
Hi shenqian:

On 12/07/12 10:05, shen qian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found no CloudStack driver supported in DeltaCloud. As I know, Deltacloud
> is a hybrid Cloud API system that covers most IaaS platforms. So I wonder

Right now there is no CloudStack driver - but adding a new cloud
provider to Deltacloud is easy [1]. I guess part of the reason there's
no driver currently is that I'm (personally) not aware of any major
public IaaS offerings based on CloudStack; this is relevant because to
write a driver I need an actual cloud to talk to. If you are aware of a
CloudStack provider we could use or even better if you have an account
with such a provider I'd be very happy to work with you to write the driver.

all the best, marios

[1] http://deltacloud.apache.org/write-new-driver.html