Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by tom ly <bo...@yahoo.com> on 2004/04/06 17:32:38 UTC

How can I maintain state with Axis webservice in Tomcat?

I've got multiple instance of a presentation front end sending requests to multiple instances of  the component I'm building.  I know about using cookies for state management, but it won't work with our case because we don't connect to any client web browser.  The front end does provide a unique id that is persistent throughout the lifecycle of the request.  How can I use this unique id as the unique identifier so that I can manage state within AXIS web services.

Re: How can I maintain state with Axis webservice in Tomcat?

Posted by Justin Ruthenbeck <ju...@nextengine.com>.
This is more of an Axis question, but...

Have you looked at SimpleSessionHandler?  I had to extend it to make it
work nicer with HttpSessions, but that's really up to how you need it to
function.  Yoav's reply is a good way to go as well.

justin

At 08:32 AM 4/6/2004, you wrote:
>I've got multiple instance of a presentation front end sending requests
>to multiple instances of  the component I'm building.  I know about
>using cookies for state management, but it won't work with our case
>because we don't connect to any client web browser.  The front end does
>provide a unique id that is persistent throughout the lifecycle of the
>request.  How can I use this unique id as the unique identifier so that
>I can manage state within AXIS web services.

>Yahoo! Small Business $15K Web Design Giveaway - Enter today

Justin Ruthenbeck
Software Engineer, NextEngine Inc.
justinr - AT - nextengine DOT com
Confidential. See: