Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Vinicius Carvalho <ja...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/29 15:19:00 UTC

Tapestry 4 questions

Could someone just give me a little bit of more information on these
topics announced by HLS:

   * Listener methods are much easier and more flexible; listener
parameters in the URL are automatically mapped to listener method
parameters, and listener methods can return the page name or page
instance to activate.
(examples???)

   * HiveMind services and Spring beans to be directly injected into
page and component classes.

(How??)

   * Forms can now be canceled, bypassing client-side validation
logic, and invoking an alternate listener on the server-side.

(Didn't quite understand this)

Thanks all

Re: Tapestry 4 questions

Posted by Norbert Sándor <de...@erinors.com>.
Read the docs at http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/index.html

- listeners:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/listenermethods.html
- injecting:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/UsersGuide/hivemind.html#hivemind.inject
  If you are interested in injecting Spring beans then check out
http://jakarta.apache.org/hivemind/hivemind-lib/SpringLookupFactory.html and
related services.
  Of course you should need a minimal Hivemind knowledge to configure it...

Br,
Norbi