Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Faine, Mark" <Ma...@msfc.nasa.gov> on 2004/10/19 16:36:49 UTC

Error string not specified yet: Can't create a converter from 'native' to 'UTF-8'

What is meant by the error message:
Error string not specified yet: Can't create a converter from 'native' to
'UTF-8'
and how can I fix it so that either it can create a converter from native to
UTF-8 or it doesn't need to

-Mark

Re: Error string not specified yet: Can't create a converter from 'native' to 'UTF-8'

Posted by John Szakmeister <jo...@szakmeister.net>.
On Tuesday 19 October 2004 12:36, Faine, Mark wrote:
> What is meant by the error message:
> Error string not specified yet: Can't create a converter from 'native'
> to 'UTF-8'
> and how can I fix it so that either it can create a converter from
> native to UTF-8 or it doesn't need to

Just taking a stab at this since no one has responded.  I'm assuming that
you're running on Windows.  You probably need to set APR_ICONV_PATH to
point to the iconv directory of you Subversion installation.

If that doesn't help, then provide more details about your setup.  Mainly,
which platform you're running, the version of SVN you're using, and a
small transcript of the operation that you are running.

-John