Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Arieh Markel <Ar...@central.sun.com> on 2000/08/29 00:46:50 UTC

Is the latest 3_2 branch available for tgz download ?

While investigating the cause of some exception thrown (from
ContextManager), I realized that the codebase I downloaded is not the
most updated one for 3.2.

(In ContextManager, for example, several deprecated methods used to
throw Exceptions - getContextNames() - while after the change, they
were modified to do that if debug > 20).

Is the intent to generate tar-gzipped images for the 3_2 branch
any time soon (since the current one available dates from July 11th).

----
I am running into the following exception on the first access to my
application:

2000-08-28 04:29:14 - ContextManager: SocketException reading request, ignored -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:429)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConne
ctionHandler.java:198)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

2000-08-28 04:29:14 - ContextManager: SocketException reading request, ignored -
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset by peer
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketAvailable(Native Method)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.available(PlainSocketImpl.java:429)
        at java.net.SocketInputStream.available(SocketInputStream.java:141)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConne
ctionHandler.java:198)
        at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Compiled Code)

Any ideas ?

Has any of what may be causing this been fixed since July 11.

Arieh

PS: apologies, but I haven't been able to access the CVS repository from
    behind our corporate firewall.

SocketException reading request, ignored

Posted by Alex Chaffee <gu...@edamame.stinky.com>.
These exceptions should only happen when the client shuts down the
connection prematurely (like hitting "stop" or a network problem).
That's why they're reported but ignored.  But you say it happens on
the first access?  Are you sure that there's one and only one request,
and that it's the one that provokes this?

 - A