Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Garcia Del Moral Gonzalez, Ernesto" <EG...@Uni2.es> on 2003/12/09 09:29:19 UTC

RE: "coredump" error while running samples in xerces in HP-unix 1 1

Hi again,
I've been off for a few days so I couldn't get back to you.

This last error you are talking about I believe has to do with threading
options, it looks like an exception not being caugth is causing an abort
(via a kill). To be sure about this you can issue a "bt" (backtrace command)
while in gdb.

When compiling with aCC using the -AA option, if you are using threads
(remember runConfigure -r pthread for the xercesc lib build) you must be
consistent with all builds. I'm almost sure about this is the origin the
core dump. To achieve this there are another options:

* Rebuild samples ignoring threading options.
* If you want to use threads, rebuild samples including the following
defines in your Makefile.incl as you did before with the -AA option. I
missed to comment them before  but if you take a look there are two other
options added to the original Makefile.incl. file (-D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD
-D_REENTRANT) I'm assumming you also missed to notice this.

#================= HP SPECIFIC OPTIONS ===========================
ifeq (${PLATFORM}, HPUX)
  ifeq (${COMPILER}, aCC)
    CMP = -c +DAportable $(CXXFLAGS) -D_HP_UX -DHPaCC -w +z
-D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_REENTRANT
    CC = aCC -AA
    LINK =  ${CC} -Wl,+s -Wl,+b,. ${LDFLAGS}
    PLATFORM_LIB_LINK_OPTIONS=-L/opt/aCC/lib -L/usr/ccs/lib -lpthread
    SHLIBSUFFIX=.sl
  else
    ifneq (${DEBUG}, 1)
      CXXFLAGS = -w +O1
    endif
    APPL_NAME = $(notdir $(shell pwd))
    TEMPLATESDIR = $(XERCESCROOT)/bin/obj/$(APPL_NAME)/ptrepository
    COMMON_CMP = $(CXXFLAGS) -D_HP_UX -DHPCC +DAportable -w +eh +z -z \
        -ptr$(TEMPLATESDIR)
    CMP = -c $(COMMON_CMP)
    CC = CC
    LINK =  ${CC} $(COMMON_CMP) -Wl,+s -Wl,+b,. ${LDFLAGS}
    PLATFORM_LIB_LINK_OPTIONS=-L/opt/CC/lib -L/usr/lib
    SHLIBSUFFIX=.sl
  endif
endif

I hope this finally does it. If you want more information about the aCC
options, libraries and also what is this -AA all about and the consequences
when linking and the like, you can refer to the online guide of aCC.
Probably it is located under /opt/aCC/html

Ernesto

Posted by Kathiravan <ka...@visolve.com>.
hi  Ernesto,

                  Thank you so much to help me lot to build the product from the beginning, and helped me to clear all the errors even though i made lot of mistakes. It's worked very well, now core dump error is cleared.
               Even though i am new to this unix environment, i am confident that i can learn it quikly with the help of persons like you.Now i am going to test the samples and let you know when ever i made a mistakes. May i have your email id.

                                      Thanks a lot once again ernesto.

With Regards,
Kathiravan.V
[...]

      CMP = -c +DAportable $(CXXFLAGS) -D_HP_UX -DHPaCC -w +z -D_RWSTD_MULTI_THREAD -D_REENTRANT