Posted to dev@falcon.apache.org by Sowmya Ramesh <sr...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/09/15 03:21:09 UTC

Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release

Hello everyone,

We are planning to do another release of Apache Falcon around second week of October. I would like to invite everyone to help in freezing the scope of 0.8 release.
I have opened JIRA  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1450 to cover the tasks under this release.

We would like to include all or as many of "Patch Available" JIRA's as long as the they are ready to be committed shortly and don't move the release timeline.

I request everybody to provide with suggestion for JIRA's to be added in scope for 0.8 release. We want to freeze the scope of release and cut branch for 0.8 before the weekend, so if you have any important JIRA
which you would want to be included in 0.8 then please let me know at the earliest.

Feel free to comment on the JIRA if you have any comments/suggestions.

Regards,
Sowmya Ramesh

Re: Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release

Posted by Sowmya Ramesh <sr...@hortonworks.com>.
Thanks Ajay, appreciate it!

All - code freeze date for 0.8 release is 5th October after which we won¹t
be considering any more code push for 0.8.
Please keep this timeline in mind for all the open JIRA¹s you want to be
included for 0.8 release.

Thanks!

Posted by Ajay Yadav <aj...@inmobi.com>.
Hi Sowmya,

wrote:

> Hi Sowmya, Thanks much for driving the next release for Falcon. I have
> created 0.8 version on the JIRA system and this should allow us to tag
> JIRAs with 0.8 if they are to be scoped in the upcoming release.
>
> Regards
> Srikanth Sundarrajan
>
> > Subject: Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release
> > From: sramesh@hortonworks.com
> > To: dev@falcon.apache.org
> > Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2015 01:21:09 +0000
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > We are planning to do another release of Apache Falcon around second
> week of October. I would like to invite everyone to help in freezing the
> scope of 0.8 release.
> > I have opened JIRA  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FALCON-1450
> to cover the tasks under this release.
> >
> > We would like to include all or as many of "Patch Available" JIRA's as
> long as the they are ready to be committed shortly and don't move the
> release timeline.
> >
> > I request everybody to provide with suggestion for JIRA's to be added in
> scope for 0.8 release. We want to freeze the scope of release and cut
> branch for 0.8 before the weekend, so if you have any important JIRA
> > which you would want to be included in 0.8 then please let me know at
> the earliest.
> >
> > Feel free to comment on the JIRA if you have any comments/suggestions.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sowmya Ramesh

receipt.

RE: Scoping Apache Falcon 0.8 release