Posted to npanday-dev@incubator.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2012/09/26 05:01:30 UTC

Re: svn commit: r1333788 - in /incubator/npanday/trunk: dotnet/assemblies/NPanday.ProjectImporter/Engine/src/main/csharp/Converter/Algorithms/ dotnet/assemblies/NPanday.ProjectImporter/Engine/src/test/resource/MvcApplication1/MvcApplication1/ dotnet/

Hi Lars,

I'm looking into the test failures, and this commit broke the existing POMs
that referred to 'create-package':

On 4 May 2012 17:18, <lc...@apache.org> wrote:

> Author: lcorneliussen
> Date: Fri May  4 07:18:12 2012
> New Revision: 1333788

> Log:
> [NPANDAY-488] Packaging for Web Applications (also Azure Web Roles)
> [NPANDAY-563] Generic MSDeploy synchronization mojo
>
> o support for iisApp packaging and deployment

It seems to me that this could be better achieved by keeping
create-package, and adding a parameter to determine what the source
provider is, rather than subclassing the mojo (as the subclasses don't add
any different configuration arguments). Given that application-maven-plugin
and azure-maven-plugin both use create-package, the consistency might be
good to keep too.

WDYT?

- Brett

--
Brett Porter
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: create-package?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 09/11/2012, at 12:38 AM, Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de> wrote:

> iirc i "forked" create-package to create-content-package and create-iisApp-package
>
> create-content-package should be the "old" behavior…

Right, so the options are:
- update existing POMs (not a big deal, we haven't released it yet)
- alias create-package to c-content-package
- change c-content-package back to c-package
- rather than fork the mojos, have a single one with a configuration parameter to determine the type

Given the configuration arguments are the same, I'm inclined to do the last one - unless I'm missing something? The consistency in the name with azure-m-p is probably helpful.

- Brett

Re: create-package?

Posted by Lars Corneliussen <me...@lcorneliussen.de>.

create-package?