Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by S Page <sp...@macromedia.com> on 2001/05/30 02:52:44 UTC

problems using Xalan-J with ant 1.3 (missing Liaison classes)

I'm trying to use Xalan-J 2.0.1 with ant 1.3.

If I fork a separate process to invoke Xalan, as Xalan-J's own build.xml file does, it works fine:
        <java fork="yes" classname="org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process" classpath="${java.class.path}:${build.xalan.jar}">

However, if I try to use ant's built-in <style> task, I have problems.

At first, I got
  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaison
errors.

Then I replaced $ANT_HOME/lib's jaxp.jar and parser.jar with the xalan and xerces jar files, as covered in "System Requirement" in the Ant User Manual.  Now if I use the built-in style command:
               processor="xalan"
               extension="html" style="style/apache.xsl"/>
I get
  java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XalanLiaison

There's a org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/XSLTLiaison.class in the Xalan 2.0.1 distribution's bin/ant.jar, but that's not what ant wants.

Thanks indeed,
--
=S Page  a www.macromedia.com site engineer

  Big corporations are stripping you of your rights.
  http://www.toad.com/gnu/whatswrong.html