Posted to user@click.apache.org by Huy Do <co...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/01 04:59:15 UTC

Re: Using Velocity and Freemarker Templates in the same application

Bob Schellink <sabob1 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,It's not possible to use both engines at the same time, but Velocity
and Freemarker are competing technologies, mutually exclusive. Why would
users want to use both in the same app? My take is they will pick one or the
other.Kind regardsBobOn 2013/04/17 07:03, Huy Do wrote:

Hi Bob,

It's possible to use both jsp and velocity together so i guess why not
freemarker as well ?

I'm interested in getting this working as I have many pages previously
written using velocity.

However, moving forward I would like to write new pages in freemarker. So I
guess the target audience would be for people with existing apps who started
using velocity and would now like to add some freemarker pages or port
slowly to freemarker.

Thanks for replying.

Huy