Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by J Aaron Farr <fa...@apache.org> on 2004/07/07 04:15:32 UTC

[ANN] New Avalon Site

FYI:

Apache Avalon has launched a new version of our website:

    http://avalon.apache.org

The site focuses the new single Avalon platform and reflects much of the
recent changes in Avalon including the spinning off of the new Apache
Excalibur project.  As such, much old documentation has been updated,
moved, or removed.  We're still working on some sections but in the
spirit of "release early, release often" we're live starting now.

I'm certain there will be a number of broken links and missing docs due
to the changes and we want to make sure we get redirects in place.  For
example, the Excalibur documentation has been removed and instead there
is a link to the new Excalibur project.  Likewise the Phoenix
documentation has been removed with a pointer to the Loom project at
Codehaus.

If you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns about the site,
please send an email over to the Avalon developers list and we'll gladly
figure something out.

Thanks!

jaaron