Posted to wsrp4j-user@portals.apache.org by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/06 22:47:34 UTC

Compile from SVN trunk Test failure

Hi,

Today I tried to upgrade to the latest version of WSRP4J by compiling from
the trunk. The compilation was successful but there was 1 test failure when
packaging persistence-db. I skipped this failure by running mvn -fn
(probably a bad thing to do but I was hoping I wouldn't need that part of
wsrp4j).

When I installed wsrp4j-producer the webapp wouldn't start. Instead I got
this error:

SEVERE: Context initialization failed
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line
195 in XML document from class path resource [applic
ationContext.xml] is invalid; nested exception is
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.4.c: The matching wildcard
s strict, but no declaration can be found for element 'aop:scoped-proxy'.
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:404)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:342)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:310)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:143)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:178)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:149)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:124)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:92)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:123)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.obtainFreshBeanFactory(AbstractApplicationContext.java:423)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:353)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:255)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:199)
        at
org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:45)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3763)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4211)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:809)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:698)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)

I'm guessing that it either has to do with SAX being unable to retrieve the
xsl although the import in applicationContext.xml looks fine or, as I read
on one forum, to do with aop not being on the class path.

Can anybody shed any light on this issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Re: Compile from SVN trunk Test failure

Posted by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com>.
I should have pointed out in my previous mail that I'm using Java 5 and
attempting to deploy on the latest stable version of Pluto (1.1.6).

I would really appreciate any comments.

Posted by "Spies, Brennan" <Br...@ejgallo.com>.
Actually, there is one other thing that I noticed, which is that the schema
location for spring-aop points to version 2.0 rather than 2.5:
http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.5.xsd

...whereas the rest of the definitions are based on Spring 2.5.

Posted by "Spies, Brennan" <Br...@ejgallo.com>.
Ian,

Glad to hear that got you over the hump. You may want to submit a JIRA issue
to the project with the patch. I'm not sure (*ahem*) how responsive the
developers on the project are, but it should help anyone else in your
situation.

Posted by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brennan,

[...]

org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBeanInstance(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:837)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.doCreateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:440)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory$1.run(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:409)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.createBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:380)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory$1.getObject(AbstractBeanFactory.java:264)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.getSingleton(DefaultSingletonBeanRegistry.java:220)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.doGetBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:261)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:185)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:164)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.preInstantiateSingletons(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:429)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.finishBeanFactoryInitialization(AbstractApplicationContext.java:729)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:381)
[...]
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.instantiateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:875)
        ... 40 more

RE: Compile from SVN trunk Test failure

Posted by "Spies, Brennan" <Br...@ejgallo.com>.
I double-checked the validation in Eclipse with a dummy
applicationContext.xml, and it should work. Seems to work for either 2.0 or
2.5 of the spring-aop.xsd, but I would change it to 2.5 just in case.

You may be having a problem similar to this one:
http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=35417

Not sure why a CNFE would result in an XML parser error, but this should be
an easy one to troubleshoot in this case. In Eclipse with the m2eclipse
plugin, pull up your pom.xml in the POM editor. On the Dependency Hierarchy
or Dependency Graph tabs, you should be able to see spring-aop-2.5.jar. If
you don't, add it as a dependency. You may want to do an "mvn clean" prior to
running the build just to make sure.

Posted by Ian O' Keeffe <ok...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brennan,

Posted by "Spies, Brennan" <Br...@ejgallo.com>.