Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Stephen Armstrong <st...@linqia.com> on 2015/07/15 19:10:40 UTC

Hadoop Yarn UI not showing newest jobs first

My cluster 2.6.0 has app ids like: application_1434047822925_0001

The UI sorts by this id as a string, which means that once the ids go to
application_1434047822925_9999 and beyond to
application_1434047822925_10000, the newest jobs are not at the top of the
list.

I found https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YARN-159 which was
implemented to sort newest first, but in my case it doesn't work. Is there
a setting to fix this, or can I change the base pattern of the appids to
have 8 digits instead of 4?

Thanks for any pointers,

Stephen Armstrong

Re: Hadoop Yarn UI not showing newest jobs first

Posted by Stephen Armstrong <st...@linqia.com>.
Yes, that's the exact issue I'm having. Thanks.

--
Stephen Armstrong
Senior Software Engineer

www.linqia.com
Like <http://www.facebook.com/linqia> | Follow
<https://twitter.com/#%21/linqia> | Blog <http://www.linqia.com/blog/>

Email. stephen.armstrong@linqia.com

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential and
solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication
is prohibited without the prior written consent of Linqia, Inc. If you have
received this communication in error, please, notify the sender immediately
by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system as well as any
files transmitted with it.

Re: Hadoop Yarn UI not showing newest jobs first

Posted by Stephen Armstrong <st...@linqia.com>.

Posted by Stephen Armstrong <st...@linqia.com>.

Posted by Stephen Armstrong <st...@linqia.com>.

Posted by Xuan Gong <xg...@hortonworks.com>.