Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com> on 2018/01/04 19:34:34 UTC

Re: Bug in ViewResponseHelper.java of 4627fb2

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to follow up on this. I was going to open a PR on this, but I realized after a rebase that it had been fixed already in this commit: 4627fb2.

Talk to you later!
Mike

On 12/18/17, 6:33 PM, "Tutkowski, Mike" <Mi...@netapp.com> wrote:

    I’m not at my computer now, so don’t know the exact line number.

    I can open up a PR with my fix.

    The problem is that you shouldn’t pass in null for the key of a ConcurrentHashMap, but the code can do this for data disks on VMware (hence the NullPointerException).

    On Dec 18, 2017, at 4:48 PM, Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    What is the line in that class that may generate a NPE? 291?
    Please do open a PR to propose a fix for this situation.

    On Mon, Dec 18, 2017 at 6:38 PM, Tutkowski, Mike <Mi...@netapp.com>>
    wrote:

    Hi,

    I noticed an issue today with a fairly recent commit: 4627fb2.

    In ViewResponseHelper.java, a NullPointerException can be thrown when
    interacting with a data disk on VMware because the disk chain value in
    cloud.volumes can have a value of NULL.

    I can put in a check for NULL and avoid the NullPointerException, but
    perhaps someone knows the history of why this particular field is used in
    this case and can fill me in.

    Thanks!
    Mike

    --