Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Suarez, David" <da...@medcohealth.com> on 2003/01/13 19:07:31 UTC

RE: Is is possible to incrementally write an Excel document creat ed u sing POI/HSSF?

Is memory efficient?
I'll let the bench numbers speak for themselves.
Java JVM setting of -Xms128M -Xmx512M     in order to create 20meg file

When JVM memory setting was lower,  it would crash with "Out of Memory".
So the benchmark numbers mean 512meg is needed to create 20meg file.

I am also looking for a way flush the contents of memory but keeping
Workbook object intact( which I believe has the Spreadsheet "header" info)
so I can create more rows.   I did not notice anywhere in the api an
"append" method.

I'm glad to see that I am not only one who has encountered this limitation.