Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "GOYAL, ANKUR" <ag...@att.com> on 2013/11/20 18:03:16 UTC

Solr Docvalues grouping

Hi,

I am using Solr 4.5.1. and I am planning to use docValues attribute for a string type. The values in that field change only once a day. I would like to only group on that field. At the following link :-

http://searchhub.org/2013/04/02/fun-with-docvalues-in-solr-4-2/

it is mentioned that "For repeated access to the same field, the inverted index performs better due to internal Lucene caching". However, that link discusses about faceting. So, does the docValues performs slower as compared to inverted index when doing grouping also?

-Ankur