Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com> on 2014/10/29 22:20:20 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tools Release

I would like to start a tools release.
Any outstanding patches to land? Thoughts?

 - Mark

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
Sergey, feel free to pull those changes in, and run the tests.

RE: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
Ok sent out a vote thread.

What's the process with branches for tools where only the last digit was
changed.
For example in cordova-js Do I just do something like this?
git checktout 3.7.x
git merge 3.7.2
git push

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Makes total sense.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
Yup, started the process thinking it will be 4.0.1, changing to 4.1.0 and
restarting.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
That would be my interpretation as well, and in keeping of the spirit of semver.

The versioning strategy doc doesn't specifically say what should happen to the cli version when the lib or plugman changes. I just pushed some clarifying changes into the doc: https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=cordova-coho.git;a=commitdiff;h=8d2abe5b , let me know if there are objections.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Marcel Kinard <cm...@gmail.com>.
From https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/versioning-and-release-strategy.md :

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.
The platforms are out, starting the tools release process.​

RE: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by "Sergey Grebnov (Akvelon)" <v-...@microsoft.com>.
Merged #110 and #114 to master, thx Shazron and Mark for review.

-Sergey
Looked, at #110 and #114, both seem ready to merge.
Shazron, thanks for fixing the nopt problem in plugman. In CLI the previous version of nopt was 2.2.1 which already had this behavior so I think we can leave the 3.0.1 version there.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.
I'm writing the test for this right now.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

RE: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by "Parashuram Narasimhan (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.
Can we also look at this pull request please ? It fixes a bug with dependency plugins -
CB-7846 Fix plugin deletion when dependency plugin does not exist #110
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/110

I'll get that tested and merged in later today as well as get the iOS platform ready for vote.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Shazron <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Tools Release

Posted by Mark Koudritsky <ka...@google.com>.