Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Lenny Sorey <lr...@fatdot.com> on 2002/07/09 21:28:10 UTC

No appenders could be found for category (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

The following error is shown in Tomcat 4.1.3 Stderr.log

log4j:ERROR No appenders could be found for category (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).
log4j:ERROR Please initialize the log4j system properly.

*****************************************************************************************************************************
log4j.properties under the WEB-INF Subdirectory is as follows:

# Set root category priority to DEBUG and its only appender to A1.
log4j.rootCategory=DEBUG, A1

# A1 is set to be a ConsoleAppender.
log4j.appender.A1=org.apache.log4j.ConsoleAppender

# A1 uses PatternLayout.
log4j.appender.A1.layout.ConversionPattern=%-4r [%t] %-5p %c %x - %m%n

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Anyone got any suggestions as why log4j is not initializing properly?

Platform is as follows:

Windows 2000 Professional
Tomcat 4.1.3
Log4j Version 1.1.3
Turbine 2.1b4
Velocity -1-2 dev jar

Thanks In Advance

Lenny Sorey

Re: No appenders could be found for category (org.apache.commons.digester.Digester).

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Lenny,

It seems to me that the problem is related to the way Tomcat 4.1.x
uses/configures log4j. I believe that the question is best suited for
the tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org mailing list. In case you find the
solution, it would be nice of you report back here so that in the
future we can help other users facing similar problems with Tomcat
4.1.x. Thanks in advance,

--
Ceki