Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Ted Husted <te...@husted.com> on 2001/07/18 21:47:35 UTC

Re: More to say about setTransactionIsolation and mysql?

The Berkley versions of the mySQL tables are suppose to support
transactions and rollback, but don't have several other features
available in the trusty myISAM tables. So that might be what you are
seeing.

I have since heard that using the Early Release rowsets for anything but
the simplest updates may be unreliable regardless of what DBMS you are
using. Seem solid on retrievals though, and that's 80% of it ...

Eventually, some other vendor will provide a better RowSet
implementation, and hopefully these problems will go away. For now, I'm
burying the fact I'm still using Statements for updates deep in my Data
Access objects, so I can switch over when that brave new day comes ;-)

-- Tel 716 737-3463.
-- http://www.husted.com/about/struts/