Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Jeff Sexton <js...@odshp.com> on 2003/04/16 22:45:11 UTC

HTTP Code 503 on web page portlets

I just installed a brand new 1.4b3 jetspeed and added a pane for a local
static webpage using WebPagePortlet.  This worked fine, so I added another
one.  That worked fine.

Then I left it for awhile to work on something else.  But when I came back
to it, these panes were coming up blank.  The log shows this for my
WebPagePortlets:

[16 Apr 2003 13:40:42  INFO] - Exception occurred:java.io.IOException:
Server returned HTTP response code: 503 for URL: http://ods16.odshp.com/

The server in question is running and responding fine.  Can anyone tell me
why this happens?  Nothing I do seems to help.  I no longer can retreive
this URL.

I am using proxy option as follows in the tomcat start script

CATALINA_OPTS="-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=ods4 -DproxyPort=80
-Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=\"localhost|*.odshp.com\""

This worked fine (except the the stock portlet sample)

Jeff Sexton
ODS Health Plans
jsexton@odshp.com