Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Eric Reed <ER...@MAIL.NYSED.GOV> on 2012/01/23 19:39:58 UTC

logic:notEqual tag

I am continuing to upgrade a massive struts application and have a problem with the <logic:equal> tag.

In all the documentation I have read, this tag is supposed to evaluate to true if the parameter is not present or null. This is the way it has been working until I upgraded to the newest version of JDeveloper 11G.  I went into project properties and pointed my class to a custom struts.jar, and made sure the backwards compatibility libs where checked.

So for example:

<logic:notEqual property="MYVAR" value="${some param}" name="request">

If MYVAR is not present in the request scope the tag should replace the null with an empty string and the tag would then evaluate to true.. these two are not equal and the code within the tags should be executed.

Does anyone know why this behavior has changed or why JDeveloper will not reload the old libs? Has anyone ran into this?

Thanks,
Eric