Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2011/07/29 22:25:20 UTC

Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Pig  team is happy to announce Pig 0.9.0 release.

Apache Pig provides a high-level data-flow language and execution framework for parallel computation on Hadoop clusters. More details about Pig can be found at http://pig.apache.org/.

The highlights of this release are introduction of control structures, change of query parser, and semantic cleanup. The details of the release can be found at http://pig.apache.org/releases.html.

Olga

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Christopher Smith <cb...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the pointer Daniel! I always feel like a challenge with Pig
releases is getting a detailed description of all the changes. Doing
diffs on the docs is not exactly an efficient approach. ;-)

--Chris

--
Chris

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Daniel Eklund <do...@gmail.com>.
thanks guys... can't wait to try out the new release

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Shubham Chopra <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the documentation links!
~Shubham.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Alan Gates <ga...@hortonworks.com>.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Shubham Chopra <sh...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Dmitriy Ryaboy <dv...@gmail.com>.
Some excellent work in this release, thanks for all the hard work guys.
The docs! The blog posts! It's a whole new Pig :).

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Jeremy Hanna <je...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Christopher Smith <cb...@gmail.com>.

--
Chris

RE: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I think it is a good idea to have standard macros. I do not believe we have plans for that but feel free to contribute. We should definitely expand piggybank to include those.

Olga

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.
On Sun, Jul 31, 2011 at 7:06 PM, Raghu Angadi <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> great to see major user facing features. Thanks guys.
>
> Will we see some standard macros (e.g. rowcount()) similar to standard
> UDFs?
>
> Even rowcount may not be trivial for casual user to do correctly. Should
> rowcount() example in the blog should COUNT_STAR() rather than COUNT()?

Yes, thanks pointing it out. I put a note on the blog.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Raghu Angadi <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: Pig 0.9.0 has been released!

Posted by Daniel Dai <da...@hortonworks.com>.