Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Guy Rixon <gt...@ast.cam.ac.uk> on 2005/08/02 11:36:28 UTC

Keystore formats

Hi,

I'm trying to do a basic test of WSS4J, but it crashes because it can't
instantiate Merlin. Buried in the pages of error reports is the remark

  Inner Exception: [Invalid keystore format]

What keystore formats _does_ Merlin support? I'm using PKCS#12, and I've
checked that Windows and Firefox can read the keystore. Do I have to convert
to JKS?

Guy Rixon 				        gtr@ast.cam.ac.uk
Institute of Astronomy   	                Tel: +44-1223-337542
Madingley Road, Cambridge, UK, CB3 0HA		Fax: +44-1223-337523

Re: Keystore formats

Posted by Guy Rixon <gt...@ast.cam.ac.uk>.
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Guy Rixon wrote:

> What keystore formats _does_ Merlin support? I'm using PKCS#12, and I've
> checked that Windows and Firefox can read the keystore. Do I have to convert
> to JKS?

Answering my own question, I find from the code that I need to set

  org.apache.ws.security.crypto.merlin.keystore.type=PKCS12

If I don't set this, then Merlin assumes the default type of keystore on my
platform, which is JKS.

Can we have this documented, please, in the Merlin Java docs and in the
top-level docs for WSS4J? If I ever get my code working then I'll send you an
xdoc describing crypto.properties; however, this may not happen very soon. :-/