Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Robert Vesse <rv...@cray.com> on 2011/11/16 00:18:45 UTC

RE: Patch Generation and svn:eol-style

Yes I did use TortioiseSVN but I also tried using svn diff from the command line and still had the same result either way

Perhaps if I'd had svn:eol-style set appropriately this would have fixed things

Rob

Posted by "Dennis E. Hamilton" <or...@apache.org>.
The recommended http://www.apache.org/dev/svn-eol-style.txt settings in the SVN client are important. (Tortoise SVN just gives you another way to find and set them, this is all SVN-level behavior.)

I found it annoying to do that for XML and HTML, so I modified the change to leave those alone - those specifications do not care about whitespace the same way as it matters for a text file.

I also adjusted mine to always set the charset to UTF8 for text files and a few others.  The result is like this:

    *.html = svn:mime-type=text/html;;charset=UTF-8
    *.htm = svn:mime-type=text/html;;charset=UTF-8
    *.txt = svn:eol-style=native;;charset=UTF-8

Of course, the HMTL files with no extension in the Jena SVN serve up as text, which is somewhat annoying.

I also notice that there are a set of commented-out auto-props settings in the default SVN config file.  Most of these are defined by the Apache svn-eol-style.txt addition anyhow.

My understanding is that these take effect only as new files are added to the SVN, although that might not be true for the eol-native situation.  With existing files, you get what you get.

 - Dennis