Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Bummer <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/09 08:10:24 UTC

sequential process by service-jms ??

What if you want to receive messages from a queue and you want to
process(jms_bc->saxon_se->bean_comp) them in the smx sequentially  ?

I just want to make sure when a message exchange is in the middle of
processing in esb(NOT DONE YET), the next message shouldn't finish first
than the previous one.

How I force that in the smx ?

It seems like each serivce endpoint including jms-component has several
threads running for message exchange.... which doesn't allow the synchronous
message exchange processing... Is that right ?

Re: sequential process by service-jms ??

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
It won't work.  You have to change to use the <jms:consumer/> which is the
only way to ensure you only have *one* message at the same time (using the
concurrentConsumers=1 setting).

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 2:25 PM, Bummer <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> What if I make the processorName to "standard" ? Does it same as using
> <jms:consumer/> with concurrentConsumers setting to 1 ?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, you're right.  I think the best way is to use the <jms:consumer/>
> > endpoint with a concurrency of 1, so that only one jms message will be
> > sent
> > into the NMR at the same time.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Bummer <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> What if you want to receive messages from a queue and you want to
> >> process(jms_bc->saxon_se->bean_comp) them in the smx sequentially  ?
> >>
> >> I just want to make sure when a message exchange is in the middle of
> >> processing in esb(NOT DONE YET), the next message shouldn't finish
> first
> >> than the previous one.
> >>
> >> How I force that in the smx ?
> >>
> >> It seems like each serivce endpoint including jms-component has several
> >> threads running for message exchange.... which doesn't allow the
> >> synchronous
> >> message exchange processing... Is that right ?
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: sequential process by service-jms ??

Posted by Bummer <sa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
No, this feature is only available on the new endpoints.

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 4:38 AM, Bummer <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Do I have to use the newer jms component where I can specify the number of
> concurrent consumers ? or does the current one support that feature ?
>

> gnodet wrote:
> >
> > Yeah, you're right.  I think the best way is to use the <jms:consumer/>
> > endpoint with a concurrency of 1, so that only one jms message will be
> > sent
> > into the NMR at the same time.
> >
> > On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:10 AM, Bummer <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> >> What if you want to receive messages from a queue and you want to
> >> process(jms_bc->saxon_se->bean_comp) them in the smx sequentially  ?
> >>
> >> I just want to make sure when a message exchange is in the middle of
> >> processing in esb(NOT DONE YET), the next message shouldn't finish
> first
> >> than the previous one.
> >>
> >> How I force that in the smx ?
> >>
> >> It seems like each serivce endpoint including jms-component has several
> >> threads running for message exchange.... which doesn't allow the
> >> synchronous
> >> message exchange processing... Is that right ?
> >>

> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Guillaume Nodet