Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Kristján Bjarni Guðmundsson <kr...@hugvit.is> on 2002/11/20 15:44:08 UTC

XSLT 2.0 (Offtopic)

Hi everybody.

I am was wondering what people here are thinking about XSLT 2.0, are there
any
active development of adding the XSLT 2.0 features into the current Xalan?

or are people just waiting for w3c to finish the specifications.

I am very much looking forward to use the XSLT 2.0 features, they are
exactly what is badly needed in the current XSLT specification.

 - Kristján

Re: XSLT 2.0 (Offtopic)

Posted by Joseph Kesselman <ke...@us.ibm.com>.
There is an extremely early prototype of XSLT/XPath 2.0 in the "xslt20"
branch of Xalan's CVS server. It isn't ready for general use -- it's
incomplete, it's still subject to major changes as the spec changes, it
hasn't been performance-tuned,  and so on -- but it's there if you want to
try it out. We're working on it as time permits.

Joe Kesselman  / IBM Research