Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ca...@covad.net on 2005/01/10 15:47:25 UTC

jetspeed2-M1 with mssql

 Anyone try to build JetSpeed2-M1 with Mssql using the installer or the CVS
download?

 I used the installer and CVS.  everything worked expect when creating the
entire database.  i had to run the sql scripts by hand and then the populate
script by hand.  Also, the loginPortlet doesn't work, i keep getting
LoginModule not found.

I re-installed with hsql.  and everything worked like a charm!! A real sweet
install. My complements to the chefs.  So now i just got to get the same
result on mssql.

and tips out there for me? (that is besides don't use msssql :-))
Thanks,

Carlos.

Re: jetspeed2-M1 with mssql

Posted by "Scott T. Weaver" <sc...@binary-designs.net>.
I use Jetspeed 2 with MSSQL in production, however I always install
manually and not with the installer.  I wrote the installer so I will
run some tests on our MSSQL instance here and see if I can get it to work.

carlosortiz@covad.net wrote:

> Anyone try to build JetSpeed2-M1 with Mssql using the installer or the CVS
>download?
>
> I used the installer and CVS.  everything worked expect when creating the
>entire database.  i had to run the sql scripts by hand and then the populate
>script by hand.  Also, the loginPortlet doesn't work, i keep getting
>LoginModule not found.
>
>I re-installed with hsql.  and everything worked like a charm!! A real sweet
>install. My complements to the chefs.  So now i just got to get the same
>result on mssql.
>
>and tips out there for me? (that is besides don't use msssql :-))
>Thanks,
>
>Carlos.

"Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people."  - Admiral Hyman Rickover

*           Scott T. Weaver               *
*         <we...@apache.org>             *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>        *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal     *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container      *
* OpenEdit, Website Content Management    *
*     <http://www.openedit.org>           *