Posted to user@drill.apache.org by SorabhApache <so...@apache.org> on 2019/04/26 15:28:01 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Drill Release 1.16.0 - RC2

Hi Drillers,
I'd like to propose the third release candidate (RC2) for the Apache Drill,
version 1.16.0.

Changes since the previous release candidate:
DRILL-7201: Strange symbols in error window (Windows)
DRILL-7202: Failed query shows warning that fragments has made no progress
DRILL-7207: Update the copyright year in NOTICE.txt file
DRILL-7212: Add gpg key with apache.org email for sorabh
DRILL-7213: drill-format-mapr.jar contains stale git.properties file

The RC2 includes total of 220 resolved JIRAs [1].
Thanks to everyone for their hard work to contribute to this release.

The tarball artifacts are hosted at [2] and the maven artifacts are hosted
at [3].

This release candidate is based on commit
751e87736c2ddbc184b52cfa56f4e29c68417cfe located at [4].

Please download and try out the release candidate.

The vote ends at 04:00 PM UTC (09:00 AM PDT, 07:00 PM EET, 09:30 PM IST),
May 1st, 2019

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

Here is my vote: +1
  [1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313820&version=12344284
  [2] http://home.apache.org/~sorabh/drill/releases/1.16.0/rc2/
  [3]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachedrill-1073/
  [4] https://github.com/sohami/drill/commits/drill-1.16.0

Thanks,
Sorabh

Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill Release 1.16.0 - RC2

Posted by SorabhApache <so...@apache.org>.
Thanks everyone who voted on RC2 candidate. Voting ends now and I will
share the result soon.

Thanks,
Sorabh

Posted by SorabhApache <so...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anton Gozhiy <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Sincerely, Anton Gozhiy
anton5813@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill Release 1.16.0 - RC2

Posted by Anton Gozhiy <an...@gmail.com>.

--
Sincerely, Anton Gozhiy
anton5813@gmail.com

Re: [VOTE] Apache Drill Release 1.16.0 - RC2

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Volodymyr Vysotskyi <vo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Boaz Ben-Zvi <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denys Ordynskiy <de...@gmail.com>.
Downloaded sources in the tarball on Windows OS.
Extracted sources.
Built sources "mvn clean install -DskipTests -Pmapr"
I had a Compilation Error due to the building sources:
[ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
[INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR]
D:\src\rc2\apache-drill-1.16.0-src\protocol\src\main\java\org\apache\drill\exec\proto\beans\RecordBatchDef.java:[53,17]
error: cannot find symbol
  symbol:   class SerializedField
  location: class RecordBatchDef

See https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-7226 for details.
This issue was reproduced on tarball archives for Drill versions 1.16 and
1.15.
There are no errors on Windows when building from the GitHub release branch:
https://github.com/sohami/drill/commits/drill-1.16.0

Posted by Kunal Khatua <ku...@apache.org>.

Posted by Denys Ordynskiy <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Arina Yelchiyeva <ar...@gmail.com>.