Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org> on 2005/02/16 08:09:57 UTC

How do I import into the sandbox?

Maybe this is a stupid question but spending the last 30 minutes I can't
figure out how to import into SVN.

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta-commons/UsingSVN

Doesn't document it... and all I can figure out from the above and the
dox is that the import command would be:

svn import
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/benchmark/trunk
jakarta/commons/trunks-sandbox/benchmark

Is this correct?  "benchmark" is the name of the package I want to
import and play with in the sandbox.

Kevin

get a free iPod!

Re: How do I import into the sandbox?

Posted by "Kevin A. Burton" <bu...@newsmonster.org>.
Brett Porter wrote:

>svn import
>https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/sandbox/benchmark/trunk
>
>from inside the directory you have your code locally
>
>Later you need to go to the sandbox checkout of trunks-sandbox and do
>svn propedit svn:externals .
>and add your new project to have it checked out
>
>Use svn commit -N . to commit just the directory changes.

Sweet... I'll add this to the UsingSVN wiki page...

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.