Posted to nmaven-dev@incubator.apache.org by Shane Isbell <sh...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/31 20:50:56 UTC

Csproj Generation

The last couple of months, I've been pretty busy hacking away on the the
project builder code for building of poms. I've kept NMaven in mind and
implemented it in such a way to make bidirectional transforms between csproj
files and poms easy. If we create bidirectional transforms from say VS 2005
csproject files to the canonical data model, then we can generate a pom or
vice versa. If we add one for VS 2008, then we can do all sorts of things
like transforms from VS 2008 project files to VS 2005 project files, etc. We
can also do things like including solution files in the transforms so we can
generate multi-module pom builds and vice-versa. Also if we create a
transform for Maven model with properties to the canonical format, we can
plug it in to existing csproject transforms. It's similar to a messaging
bus.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/maven/shared/trunk/maven-shared-modelcontains
the shared component and the rest of the code that handles maven
model transforms is in Maven trunk under maven-project.

Shane