Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Sistemas -- Claudio Heinzmann <ch...@libertadsa.com.ar> on 2003/06/26 22:11:19 UTC

Multiple databases setting in TDK ( build.properties )

Hi, I need know how I can set up multiple databases connection.-

Please sorry form my English.-

Thanks.

Claudio

AW: AW: Multiple databases setting in TDK ( build.properties )

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <jh...@byteaction.de>.
This is correct ;) damn you're good. It is a good practice though to
name your *-schema.xml files the same you name your database name
attribute since this provides easier understanding for third parties.

Kind regards

Jürgen Hoffmann
ByteACTION GmbH

Posted by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de>.

Posted by Jürgen Hoffmann <jh...@byteaction.de>.
Hi,

You define 2 database connections inside your Torque.properties:

torque.database.default=borc
torque.database.borc.adapter=mysql
                ^^^^ this name has to prefix your schema.xml
(borc-schema.xml)

torque.database.oldborc.adapter=mysql
                ^^^^^^^ this name has to prefix your schema.xml
(oldborc-schema.xml)

torque.dsfactory.borc.factory=\
  org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.borc.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.borc.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.borc.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.borc.connection.driver =com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.borc.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.113/kaboom
torque.dsfactory.borc.connection.user=
torque.dsfactory.borc.connection.password=

torque.dsfactory.oldborc.factory=\
  org.apache.torque.dsfactory.Jdbc2PoolDataSourceFactory
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.pool.defaultMaxActive=10
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.pool.testOnBorrow=true
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.pool.validationQuery=SELECT 1
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.connection.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.connection.url=jdbc:mysql://192.168.0.117/kabaa
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.connection.user=
torque.dsfactory.oldborc.connection.password=

You can use Torques jdbc task to generate a schema for you from a
configured jdbc connection.
See: http://db.apache.org/torque/generator/ for further information on
this.

Kind regards