Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Baron Reznik <Ba...@fastmobile.com> on 2006/06/16 23:35:48 UTC

Re: Adding extra modules to parent pom does not create an extra project in continuum

> > > If I try to add the module pom I get an error that it can not find the
> > > dependency version information (since that is specified in the parent
> > > pom).
> >
> > what is the error? How do you define the version in your module?
>
> I am not at work, so this is from memory.
> The error is for dependencies.
> I have been removing the version identified as this is now in the
> dependencyManagement section of the parent pom.
> But when adding the module pom I think it is failing to find the
> parent pom (or even looking for it) and gives you an error that the
> version for the dependency is mandatory and missing.

Perhaps the parent pom's module has not been 'installed' in continuum's
repository with the dependencyManagement section?

> > > What is the correct way to get another module included in the build?
> >
> > add new modules one by one or delete all (parent and sub-modules) and readd the parent.
>
> So you are saying that adding the module should work correctly.
> I will look into it more.

Is there any plans to change this? It would ideally be nice if any time
new modules were found, they were just added in the same fashion
continuum adds them when it initially loads a multi-module pom. On a
large project, it can be hard to keep up sometimes with new modules that
get created.

Thanks,
Baron

Re: Adding extra modules to parent pom does not create an extra project in continuum

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.
On 6/17/06, Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > But when adding the module pom I think it is failing to find the
> > > parent pom (or even looking for it) and gives you an error that the
> > > version for the dependency is mandatory and missing.
> > >
> > Perhaps the parent pom's module has not been 'installed' in continuum's
> > repository with the dependencyManagement section?
>
> Yes the parent pom is in both the internal repository and the local repository.
> (I already had one module working fine, I was adding the second)

This is a luser error.

The reason for these problems is because I was fixing artifact id
names, hence the local maven repository included old artifacts with
now incorrect names.

After I removed my projects from the local repository and tried
building again the error messages were easy to fix as being incorrect
definitions in poms.

Now I can checkout the module, or update the main project, and add
either of these poms to continuum fine.

Re: Adding extra modules to parent pom does not create an extra project in continuum

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.