Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Real Wes <Th...@outlook.com> on 2017/03/01 05:16:36 UTC

Gfsh> Create regions with bad property values?

This works in Geode 1.1.0 where GemFire 8 failed:

gfsh> create region --name=Testxxx --type=PARTITION_REDUNDANT_HEAP_LRU --badProperty=badValue

Is ignoring bad properties by design?  Or a bug?

Thanks,
Wes Williams

Re: Gfsh> Create regions with bad property values?

Posted by Kirk Lund <kl...@apache.org>.
That's a result of replacing geode-joptsimple with a dependency on the
binary release of jopt-simple.

geode-joptsimple was a forked version that added this functionality.
Unfortunately this was implemented in a rather dodgy way by adding fields
to some internal exceptions which were then treated as a return type. We
would have to figure out a more appropriate way to implement this in order
to contribute an enhancement like this to jopt-simple.

This work is quite low in the priorities right now.

Re: gfsh> export cluster-configuration - Reason: null

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
It is the correct syntax, I just tried it on the tip of develop branch. I
know we have tests that covers export cluster-configuration in the
pipeline. Please do file a ticket with the logs.

gfsh>export cluster-configuration --zip-file-name=test.zip

Downloading cluster configuration : /Users/jiliao/my_geode/tmp/test.zip

--
Cheers

Jinmei

Re: gfsh> export cluster-configuration - Reason: null

Posted by Real Wes <Th...@outlook.com>.

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.

--
Cheers