Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by AshleyAbraham <ab...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/28 22:52:39 UTC

Wicket Wizard form need to add custom validation to each panel

Hi everyone,
   I am working on a wicket wizard component, I am trying to add an
AbstractFormValidation to each wizardStep, so when the wizardStep is
added/replaced the wizard form will know how to custom validate that
particular wizardStep.

Since I am not able to find or access the wizard form directly inside the
wizardStep I am overriding the getForm() in Wizard.class and instantiating
the form in my class's constructor so that getForm() wouldn't be null. The
problem which comes by doing that is all the validators are added to the
form and now it validates all the wizardSteps every time the form is
submitted.

Can someone help me??? Also, Please point me if my approach is wrong.

Basically what I would like is when the form is submitted I want the
activeWizardSteps validation to be validated.

Thanks
Ashley

Re: Wicket Wizard form need to add custom validation to each panel

Posted by Igor Vaynberg <ig...@gmail.com>.
or embed a form in the wizard panel and add the validator to that

-igor

Posted by Kent Tong <ke...@cpttm.org.mo>.