Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ilan Azbel <il...@mdio.net> on 2003/04/15 13:16:41 UTC

redirecting requests

I have a website who's URL looks like this:

http://server.mydomain.com/appname/servlet/appname/

I would like users to be able to type in
http://server.mydomain.com and be redirected to the above URL

How can I do this?

Ilan

Re: redirecting requests

Posted by John Turner <to...@johnturner.com>.
If you are using a docBase of "ROOT", there must be a directory called ROOT
under that Host's appBase.  That is where your file goes.

So, if you have:

<Host name="myhost" appBase="webapps" />

and

<Context path="/" docBase="ROOT" debug="0"/>

Then your file belongs in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ROOT.

John

RE: redirecting requests

Posted by Ilan Azbel <il...@mdio.net>.

Re: redirecting requests