Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Greg Pelly <gf...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/08 00:28:13 UTC

when using group=true facet numbers are "incorrect"

Hi,

I've noticed that when field collapsing and faceting are both used in the
one query the facet numbers ignore the grouping. In my example I have three
documents (I have a small index for testing) and if I group on a certain
field I get two groups in the results but the facet numbers show that there
were three hits.

I understand that's a valid thing for faceting to do, I was just wondering
if there's any way to get it to do the faceting on the groups returned.
Otherwise I guess I'll need to convince the UI people to just show the
facets without the numbers.

Cheers,
Greg

Re: when using group=true facet numbers are "incorrect"

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2898 has been created for this.

Thanx Martijn!

Re: when using group=true facet numbers are "incorrect"

Posted by "O. Klein" <kl...@octoweb.nl>.
Yonik Seeley-2-2 wrote

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 8:55 PM, Chris Hostetter
> &lt;hossman_lucene@&gt; wrote:
>>
>> : I understand that's a valid thing for faceting to do, I was just
>> wondering
>> : if there's any way to get it to do the faceting on the groups returned.
>> : Otherwise I guess I'll need to convince the UI people to just show the
>> : facets without the numbers.
>>
>> what you are asking about is generally refered to as "post-group
>> faceting"
>> and can be activated using "group.truncate"...
>
> We don't have true "post group faceting" currently (i.e. where the
> units for facet counts would be numbers of groups, not numbers of
> documents).
> group.truncate just truncates the list of documents in each group, and
> faceting still returns numbers of documents, not numbers of groups.
> This is why I advocated the name group.truncate instead of
> group.after, and have avoided any mention of "post grouping" on the
> wiki page.
>
> -Yonik
> http://www.lucidimagination.com

How to go about if you want to get the number of groups?

Re: when using group=true facet numbers are "incorrect"

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@lucidimagination.com>.

Posted by Greg Pelly <gf...@gmail.com>.
That works well, thanks very much.