Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Leszek Gawron <lg...@apache.org> on 2012/05/08 11:48:05 UTC

Re: avalon:bridge causes exception in eclipse

On 2012-04-21 19:53, Andy Stevens wrote:
> When do you get the exception? Running the app from within eclipse,
> opening a file or the project, running a cocoon archetype to generate
> the app, ...?

whoops I missed that mail.

The problem is just there in eclise for each opened cocoon based project:

http://i.imgur.com/LIwkB.png

The logs state:

> !MESSAGE Error occured processing '/my-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml'
> !STACK 0
> java.lang.NullPointerException
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.getInputSource(ConfigurationReader.java:225)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.convert(ConfigurationReader.java:238)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.ConfigurationReader.readConfiguration(ConfigurationReader.java:82)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.BridgeElementParser.readConfiguration(BridgeElementParser.java:154)
> 	at org.apache.cocoon.core.container.spring.avalon.BridgeElementParser.parse(BridgeElementParser.java:78)
> 	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.parse(NamespaceHandlerSupport.java:73)

I suspect the reason is in eclipse environment when spring configuration
is being parsed the source resolver is not initialized properly which
leads to strange NPEs. Am I right?

   Leszek