Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marco Avila <ph...@yahoo.com.mx> on 2005/08/16 15:32:52 UTC

Put and propatch

Hello,

   I have this situation, a file under version control
increments the version number if I upload it again,
this is ok, that's what I expect, but if I propatch
the file then the version number increments, this is
not ok, I would like that the version number remains
the same, is there any way to prevent this when making
a propatch?

Regards

Marco

Re: Put and propatch

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
The binary content of the file and the meta data are considered as one
resource. You always have to checkout before add/update a resource.

I think there is a parameter somewhere the can disable this for meta tags,
but it will break compatibility with the delta-v standard.

/jacob