Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by adumalagan <an...@gmail.com> on 2020/12/06 23:14:17 UTC

Apache Ignite C#/.NET: Asynchronous Execution example failing - facing different errors

Hello,
I tried to follow the  Asynchronous Execution example
<https://ignite.apache.org/docs/latest/distributed-computing/distributed-computing#asynchronous-execution>
in the Apache Ignite docs, however I ran into some errors, and the errors
vary to the different implementations I have.

*Variation #1* I follow the example in the link above exactly - the
ServerNode
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/ServerNode.cs>
is run first then the  ClientNode_1
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/ClientNode_1.cs>
.
From the server console, I see that the client  connects
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_1.txt>
with the server, then the client immediately  disconnects
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_2.txt>
. Finally, a whole  slew of errors
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_3.txt>
follow.

*Variation #2* ServerNode remains the same - instead, I run  ClientNode_2
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/ClientNode_2.cs>
.
In this variation, I run into  these
<http://apache-ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_4.txt>
errors.

I was wondering what causes these specific errors for these specific
variations and how I can resolve them - thank you!

RE: Apache Ignite C#/.NET: Asynchronous Execution example failing - facing different errors

Posted by Alexandr Shapkin <le...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is kind of expected, cause you don’t keep your client running.

Try adding something like Console.ReadLline() at the end of your client’s main
method.

When a task initiator lefts from the grid, there is no way to send the results
back, therefore depending on NODE_FAILED timing your either get:

#1 – “Topology projection is empty”

#2 – “Task cancelled due to stopping of the grid”

From the server console, I see that the client [connects](http://apache-
ignite-users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_1.txt) with the
server, then the client immediately [disconnects](http://apache-ignite-
users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_2.txt). Finally, a whole
[slew of errors](http://apache-ignite-
users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_3.txt) follow.

**Variation #2** ServerNode remains the same - instead, I run
[ClientNode_2](http://apache-ignite-
users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/ClientNode_2.cs).

In this variation, I run into [these](http://apache-ignite-
users.70518.x6.nabble.com/file/t3022/IgniteOutput_4.txt) errors.

I was wondering what causes these specific errors for these specific
variations and how I can resolve them - thank you!

![](cid:image002.png@01D6CDCC.D50ADE10)

users.70518.x6.nabble.com/) at Nabble.com.