Posted to dev@stratos.apache.org by Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com> on 2015/04/16 11:59:01 UTC

Re: DISCUSS: support of fixed MAC address

+1, Shall we add this in next immediate release? since we have feature
freeze for 4.1.0 and about to do a RC

--
Lakmal Warusawithana
Vice President, Apache Stratos

Re: DISCUSS: support of fixed MAC address

Posted by Imesh Gunaratne <im...@apache.org>.
+1 Yes, may be we could track these improvements via JIRA and plan for a
series of minor releases.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 12:59 PM, Lakmal Warusawithana <la...@wso2.com>
wrote:

> +1, Shall we add this in next immediate release? since we have feature
> freeze for 4.1.0 and about to do a RC
>
> On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 3:23 AM, Martin Eppel (meppel) <me...@cisco.com>
> wrote:
>
>>  Hi,
>>

>> We are having a use case which requires to spin up a VM with a predefined
>> fixed MAC address (similar to fixed IP address).
>>

>> The behavior should be that the  VM should be able to be launched with a
>> predefined MAC address and, if the VM is terminated and re-launched by
>> stratos, the same MAC address is being reused.
>>

>> The current behavior is that a MAC address is assigned by the Iaas and,
>> when a VM is re-launched a new MAC address is assigned.
>>

>> I think the reasons why it was not supported previously is that older
>> jcloud versions (1.7.X) did not support assignment of fixed MAC addresses.
>> However, with jclouds 1.8.1 assignment of MAC address is supported.
>>

>> WDYT ?
>>

>> Regards
>>

>> Martin
>>

> --
> Lakmal Warusawithana
> Vice President, Apache Stratos
> Director - Cloud Architecture; WSO2 Inc.
> Mobile : +94714289692

Imesh Gunaratne

Technical Lead, WSO2
Committer & PMC Member, Apache Stratos