Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by onyii5119 <on...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/09 17:37:57 UTC

SEVERE: DeploymentId already used

I have searched the internet to find out why this exception is happening in
Tomee but could not get a satisfactory answer.

First my application is a JSF CDI (using some Stateless EJB) application. It
is the only application I am deploying. Other applications deployed on the
server are Tomee examples.

First part of my log says:
============================
Apr 9, 2014 3:13:12 PM org.apache.openejb.config.InitEjbDeployments deploy
INFO: Auto-deploying ejb MyTestService:
EjbDeployment(deployment-id=MyTestService)

Next thing I see in the log is:
============================
Apr 9, 2014 3:13:12 PM org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler
createApplication
SEVERE: DeploymentId already used: MyTestService

Finally I see:
==============
Apr 9, 2014 3:13:12 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder
startInternal
SEVERE: Unable to deploy collapsed ear in war
StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/test]
org.apache.openejb.DuplicateDeploymentIdException: Application cannot be
deployed as it contains deployment-ids which are in use: app:

My questions are:
1. Why is this happening (why the duplicate IDs?)? I don't have any
duplicate beans or names.
2. What is it in my application that triggers this error?
3. What are the steps I have to take to solve this problem?

The current application I am trying to convert runs fine under Tomcat and
Spring.

Please help.

Thanks,
Jonathan Ekwempu

Re: SEVERE: DeploymentId already used

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
maybe share the whole log, can also be a cache setup depending how you
deploy (eclipse or so)
Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

Posted by onyii5119 <on...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Oh, thought you were saying you don't use ejbs (thought to spring only).

So surely two beans have the same simple name (class name without
package), is it the case?

I think http://tomee.apache.org/jndi-names.html can help if so

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

you should get @Stateless or @Singleton or @Stateful or @ManagedBean somewhere.

You can just exclude the jar containing it through exclusions.list btw