Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Gayathri <ga...@yahoo.co.in> on 2011/04/15 08:27:33 UTC

Maven release plugin fails if disallow modification to tags pre commit hook is enabled

Hi,

We are using maven release plugin to automate our release process. We
decided to have a pre-commit hook to avoid modification to svn tags once
they are created.

But, maven release plugin fails if the hook is enabled as it tags the trunk
and then modifies the version no in pom files ( in tags ) to release
version.

Shouldn't the plugin change the version no to release version in trunk, tag
the trunk and then change the version no in trunk to the next dev version ?
Just a thought.. Can someone suggest if this is somewhere in the pipeline or
if this has already been discussed and the current approach is because of
some reason ?

Thanks,
Gayathri

Re: How to skip a specific module?

Posted by Gayathri <ga...@yahoo.co.in>.
Hi Guillaume ,

I think it would be good to create separate mail thread as the thread in which u have appended is related to maven-release-plugin :)

Thanks,
Gayathri