Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefan Meier <sm...@innovate-it.ch> on 2003/07/03 19:14:51 UTC

[users@httpd] Inline Content Modification

I like to use apache as a forwarding proxy server and do some
modification of the html content (e.g. replace certain text) during the
forwarding of the pages. Is that possible with the proxy module of apache
and can I modify the user requests (e.g. when the user sends a form to the
server) also?

Regards,

Ste

Re: [users@httpd] Inline Content Modification

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 3 Jul 2003, Stefan Meier wrote:

> I like to use apache as a forwarding proxy server and do some
> modification of the html content (e.g. replace certain text) during the
> forwarding of the pages. Is that possible with the proxy module of apache
> and can I modify the user requests (e.g. when the user sends a form to the
> server) also?

In 2.0 mod_ext_filter can do this, although it will increase the load on
your server, since it launches an external program for each request.  I
believe that the development version will also let you filter on the input
side, but not the currect released version.

Other than that, you'll probably need to write a module.

Joshua.