Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sergey Livanov <se...@ukrpost.net> on 2004/03/10 16:13:02 UTC

Areas

There are control buttons area and data area in my application.

Is it possible to make one area unchanged (buttons area) and the
other area ( data area ) dinamically loaded from the server depending
on operations? It means that at first the whole page is created and then the
data are created and loaded.

It allows to decrease traffic (no needed to create buttoms area constantly)
and speeds up application.

Thank you,

--
Best regards,
 Sergey                          mailto:sergey.livanov@ukrpost.net

Re: Areas

Posted by Erik Price <er...@mac.com>.
On Mar 10, 2004, at 10:13 AM, Sergey Livanov wrote:

> There are control buttons area and data area in my application.
>
> Is it possible to make one area unchanged (buttons area) and the
> other area ( data area ) dinamically loaded from the server depending
> on operations? It means that at first the whole page is created and
> then the
> data are created and loaded.
>
> It allows to decrease traffic (no needed to create buttoms area
> constantly)
> and speeds up application.

If the bandwidth is really a big deal, what about putting that part
into a separate frame, and then on submit, only that frame would be
updated.

--
Erik Price

<http://erikprice.com/>