Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by "Bradley V. Stone" <bv...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/11 14:55:03 UTC

Overlay.. how about an Underlay?

Been using the Overlay function with some success, but the issue with
matching landscape (with portrait mediabox and 90 rotate) and landscape
(with landscape mediabox) is sort of frustrating.

But, on to my next issue.  Let's assume you have a plain text PDF file,
like an invoice.  Now, you scan in your invoice overlay and create a
PDF.  When you overlay it onto the text, if there are any artificats or
images, it covers up the text on the PDF document.

Switching the document and overlay in the call around works, but not if
there are multiple pages (ie 2 page invoice text with 1 page overlay).
You get the overlay on both pages, but only the first page (or was it
the second, can't remember) of the invoice text on each page.

This "would" work if you could do something such as "underlay" where it
actually overlays the text document on TOP of the underlay image.  I
would think it wouldn't be that hard of a fix since you could just
update it so that it's a call to overlay with the document and overlay
documents reversed, and then repeat the opposite document.

So, in a sense, you are doing an overlay, only the text document is
overlaying on top of the image that has the logos, grids, etc.

Is this a possibility?  Or is there another way around it?

I'd also like to see something that addresses the above when landscape
docs are created in different fashion.

Thanks!

Brad