Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by CROMBEZ Emmanuel <ec...@lanthrasites.com> on 2009/11/02 11:37:45 UTC

note_basic_auth_failed failed

Hello, I try to use PerlAuthzHandler but the return HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED
doesn't work.

My Apache2 (2.0.8) config work fine without Handler

Alias /davb /var/www/www.mydomain.com/dav/

<Location /davb/>
      AuthType Basic
      AuthName WebDavBasic
      require valid-user
      PerlAuthzHandler Lantra::WebDavAuthz
</Location>

So, my Location work fine, the web browser ask login/passwd, analyse it
and serve the ressource.
But I want authorize only some ressources, I had the PerlAuthzHandler
for this, but the return Apache2::Const::HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED does'nt work.

My handler is :

use Apache2::Access ();

package Lantra::WebDavAuthz;

sub handler {
        my $r = shift;
        my $user = $r->user;

        $r->server->log_error("Lantra::WebDavAuthz ! analyse USER=$user");

        $r->note_basic_auth_failure;
        return Apache2::Const::HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED;
        }
1;

My Handler is called, /var/log/apache/error.log say "Lantra::WebDavAuthz
! analyse USER=manu", so the handler is called.

WHY RETURN HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED DOESN'T WORK ?

I use mod_perl 2.0.3 on a debian Lenny/sid Linux

Re: note_basic_auth_failed failed

Posted by CROMBEZ Emmanuel <ec...@lanthrasites.com>.
André Warnier a écrit :
> CROMBEZ Emmanuel wrote:
>> Hello, I try to use PerlAuthzHandler but the return HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED
>> doesn't work.
>>
> What do you mean by "it doesn't work" ?
> Can you give us a clue ?

In the documentation I read :

	$r->note_basic_auth_failed;
	return Apache2::Const::HTTP_UNAUTHORIZED;

This code (in PerlAuthenHandler and PerlAuthzHandler) must return an 401
HTTP error code, but I have a 200 !
First, I thought "the handler is not called", I added some log, and the
handler is called.

Re: note_basic_auth_failed failed

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.