Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Steinar Eriksen <st...@fikse.net> on 2001/03/06 09:05:35 UTC

Cocoon - converting XML to plain text

I have a system that outputs data through Cocoon to a web browser. As an
additional output channel I would like to send data out as a plain text
file (delimited); but using Cocoon / XSLT to translate this form the
original XML data file.

I am having problems with this, getting the famous error...
"org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLProcessorException: Warning: can't output text
before document "
Anyway around this ? Here are sample XML and XSL files I have used to
test outputting to text,.

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="sre.xsl" type="text/xsl"?>
<?cocoon-process type="xslt"?>
<a>
	<b>
	first
	</b>
	<c>
	second
	</c>
</a>

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<xsl:stylesheet xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/XSL/Transform/1.0">
  <xsl:template match="a">
  	<xsl:processing-instruction
name="cocoon-format">type="text/plain"</xsl:processing-instruction>
	<xsl:value-of select="b"/>
  </xsl:template>
</xsl:stylesheet>

fikse.net as