Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Mike Kimber <mk...@kana.com> on 2012/06/06 09:40:46 UTC

RE: Am I doing something fundamentally wrong?

Just as a follow up to this issue, I converted a simple MR view from JavaScript to Erlang, which brought the View Rebuild time down from approx 8 Hours to 25 minutes.

Looking at "top" and "mpstat" it seems to use multiple cores/CPU's (although vmstat suggest it doesn't, which is confusing)

A good tutorial on Erlang can be found at http://learnyousomeerlang.com/introduction#about-this-tutorial should anyone else have the need!

Thanks

Mike